Yep - this is our Affiliate Policy!
Last updated: 23rd August 2022 – Effective as of: 01 January 2020
THIS DOCUMENT OUTLINES HOW WE WORK AS/ WORK WITH AFFILIATE MARKETERS. PLEASE READ CAREFULLY!
As lowkey as Affiliate Marketing may be, there’s actually quite a lot to it. And what’s more, not only do We work as Affiliate Marketers ourselves, but We also run Our own Affiliate Program too. Something You should be aware of when using this Website. So do take 5 to familiarise yourself with Our Affiliate Policy.
The words throughout this Agreement which are (in bold) are defined & intended to be interpreted as follows. They shall also retain the same meaning regardless of whether they appear in singular or plural forms…
- Affiliate Cookies/ Cookies = small files that are placed on your Device, with the ability to track any Qualifying Sales that take place once an Affiliate Link is clicked.
- Affiliate Link = a link with the ability to trigger an Affiliate Cookie once clicked.
- Affiliate Marketing = the act of working as an Affiliate to promote another brand’s Products.
- Affiliate Policy/ Policy = this Agreement specifically, which outlines how We work as an Affiliate. You will be considered to have read & agreed with this Affiliate Policy by any use of this Service. Use of this term also references any future updates to this Agreement – i.e. Affiliate Updates
- Affiliate Program = a mutual partnership setup between 2 parties for the purpose of marketing Products to new audiences in exchange for small commission.
- Affiliate Updates = any additional revisions made to this Affiliate Policy, which are published at anytime in the future by the Company in relation to this Service.
- Agreement = the relationship entered into between You & the Company through your use of this Service. This Affiliate Policy is just 1 of many Agreements across this Website, which We would encourage You to read (links in the footer).
- Brand Awareness/ Image = how prominent a brand is in the eyes of a consumer & how it’s perceived.
- Browser = an application/ piece of software that is used for accessing the World Wide Web or any local website. Examples of which include: Safari, Google Chrome & Firefox.
- Company = Music Lowdown (referred to as either the ‘Company’, ‘We’, ‘Us’ or ‘Our’ in this Agreement).
- Device = any sort of device that can be used to access Our Service. Be that a computer, tablet or mobile phone.
- Product = any item sold by the Company through the Service through its membership of any Affiliate Program.
- Related Parties = parties who are not directly related to/ part of the Company, but play a role in its ability to provide the Service. These include, but are not limited to: theme developers, hosting providers & guest contributors. As well as any companies which the Company is affiliated with, including those used to assist with the manufacture/ shipping of merchandise.
- Service = this Website + any of its subdomains & any other third party services that are required in order to provide the Service. This inclusive of, but is not limited to: third party payment portals, product manufacturers, third party social media services & so on.
- Website = this website, accessible from: https://musiclowdown.co.uk
- You = the specific individual, company or other legal entity accessing or using the Service.
Affiliate Marketing In A Nutshell
Affiliate Marketing is a business model used by companies & brands to market their products to new audiences in exchange for a small fee. With the rise of the internet & popularity of social media, becoming an Affiliate Marketing has become a popular way of generating an income online.
Affiliate Marketing itself is all based around links, with the core concept being to refer users to the right products & entice them into making a purchase through designated Affiliate Links. Think of it as a modern referral scheme.
1. How We Work As An Affiliate
Us & this Website are registered as part of the Amazon Associates/ Influencer Program – an Affiliate Program designed to generate advertising fees through inserting Affiliate Links to Amazon.com/.co.uk/ other regional subdomains. As a member of this Affiliate Program, We earn a small commission from any Qualifying Purchase made through this Service.
In addition, Music Lowdown is also affiliated with Donner Music, who manufacture brands such as their own Donner brand + Eastar, Moukey & more. As a result, ML may also earn off any qualifying purchases made on idonner.eu/ any other subdomain, should they come as a result of the links on this Website.
At the moment these are the only 2 Affiliate Programs We participate in. Should that Change, this Policy will be updated.
2. FAQs About Affiliate Marketing
Yes – Cookies are a key part of any Affiliate Program.
Without them, there would be no way of understanding which Affiliate Partners were responsible for which sales. The Cookies used by Affiliate Programs are what’s known as Persistent Cookies & typically expire within a specified timeframe (aka the Cookie period).
Not for the customer.
Buy through an Affiliate Link & the purchaser will see no difference in price. The only cost created by any purchases through an Affiliate Link is to the company/ brand running the Affiliate Program. It’s them who will pay partners like us a small commission, as it was our promotions that helped ‘set up’ the sale.
3. Changes To This Affiliate Policy
The Company reserves the right, at Its sole discretion, to modify, suspend, terminate or refuse this Affiliate Policy at any time & for any reason (either permanently or temporarily) without notice or liability to You. You give the Company expressed permission to modify any part of this Policy, including other policies or guidelines which affect the Service & understand that all revisions will become effective upon their posting on the Website &/ or being distributed by email.
For this reason, it’s advised that You check this page on a regular basis to ensure You are familiar with the most recent version of this Policy. An easy way to check is the ‘Last Updated’ date at the top of this page. By continuing to access &/ or use Our Service after the effective date (stated above) signifies that You accept & agree to be bound by all Affiliate Updates. Should You NOT agree with these Affiliate Updates, in whole or in part, You should cease using this Service immediately.
NOTE: We will make reasonable efforts to provide at least 30 days’ notice prior to any Affiliate Updates taking effect. What constitutes a material change will be determined at Our sole discretion.
4. Accuracy/ Advice Disclaimer
BY USING THIS SERVICE, YOU UNDERSTAND THAT WHILE WE DO TRY OUR BEST TO KEEP OUR SITE CONTENT AS ACCURATE AS POSSIBLE, MISDESCRIPTIONS/ SLIGHT TECHNICAL DIFFERENCES CAN OCCUR FOR VARIOUS REASONS – INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO: PRODUCTS BEEN UPDATED/ NEW PRODUCTS BEING RELEASED.
YOU ALSO UNDERSTAND THAT IT’S YOUR SOLE RESPONSIBILITY TO ASSESS THE VALIDITY OF ANY THIRD PARTY WEBSITE, WHICH YOU ACCESS VIA LINKS FROM THIS SERVICE. THE COMPANY OR ANY OF ITS RELATED PARTIES SHALL NOT BE HELD LIABLE FOR ANY: MISPURCHASE, DATA FRAUD OR ANY OTHER FORM OF DISSATISFACTION YOU EXPERIENCE, AS A DIRECT/ INDIRECT RESULT OF USING THIS SERVICE.
ALSO, ALL INSIGHTS & KNOWLEDGE OF ANY KIND PROVIDED ACROSS THIS WEBSITE IN ANY FORMAT ARE TO BE TAKEN AS OPINION – NOT FACT.
YOU USE OUR SERVICE (I.E: AFFILIATE LINKS/ MUSICAL KNOWLEDGE) AT YOUR OWN RISK.
5. Get In Touch
If You have any questions, queries or just want to talk to Us more about how We work as an Affiliate, don’t hide – contact us. It only takes a couple of clicks! To ensure your queries reach the right person, be sure to specify your reason for getting in touch as ‘Legal’.