HEADS UP: WE'RE LOOKING FOR ARTISTS TO SPONSOR!!
Are you an up & coming artist? Or manage someone who is?
If so, we want to hear from you!
Here @ ML we understand just how important new music really is & the role it plays in muscling genres forward + encouraging the next generation of musicians to pick up a midi controller & start producing. So if you think you (or someone you manage) could benefit from our sponsorship, then providing they meet the criteria below,. we’d urge you to apply!!
What We Look For...
SPOILER: We’re not just looking to sponsor any artist.
In fact, there’s a fair few things we look for in a sponsorship & would encourage you to consider before you apply. These include…
- A unique sound – Every famous musician has their own sound & an artist who’s sponsored by us should be no exception. In other words, if you’re a fan of the ‘Type Beat‘ then we’re probs not going to get along #HarshButTrue
- A strong image/ identity – Now, this doesn’t have to means you’ve got your face across 10,000 magazines, but what it does mean is that across your music you have a distinct style/ appearance that people recognise & associate with you. So basically, you’re more than just a casual performer – you in yourself are a brand.
- The guts to take risks – The saying “rather be safe than sorry” really does not resonate with us. Here at ML we’re risk-takers & try to be bold in everything we do. So if you want to work with us, you’re going to need to embody this same attitude. If you’re overly worried about what the next man thinks, take our advice… & jog on.
Does Genre Matter?
Yes & no.
See, while @ ML we pride ourselves in not being genreist (if that’s even a word), when sponsoring an artist we do require there to be some sort of popularity in what you’re doing.
For instance, if you’re a Hip Hop or Pop artist then this shouldn’t be an issue – both these genres are trending at the moment & no doubt will be for the foreseeable future. However, if your genre’s something a bit more niche like Blues, Funk or maybe even Rock, we’d require you to have some form of audience as proof you’ve got support.
The last thing we want is to be sponsoring an artist who’s not capable of finding their way out of the backend of YouTube.
Saying that though, we LOVE alt artists, so if you’re not the ‘typical’ rapper, rockstar or pop queen, don’t let that put you off appplying!!
* JUST TO BE CLEAR: While we are marketeers @ heart & will offer anyone who gains sponsorship snippets of our marketing wisdom, we’re NOT a marketing consultancy. So if your digital strategy needs a lot of work, do not apply expecting us to give you some sort of marketing overhaul. We’re busy enough as it – your music marketing is up to you.
Collaboration & promotion
Being a website that’s powered by content, we’re always going to favour anyone who’s down for collaborating.
The whole point of ML is to create a network of like-minded individuals, so it’s essential for us that any artist applying isn’t shy about helping us expand this network (i.e. shouting our name from the rooftops) or weaving us into their latest promotions. Just some of the ways we’ll look to collab with successful artists include…
- Social media
- Custom merch (Heads up: We have our own line of merch COMING SOON!)
- PR/ Blog-style pieces